International and national conferences
Since the foundation, the Belgrade Centre intended to contribute to the exchange of opinions and views of relevant experts on issues significant to the development of human rights, democracy and the rule of law in Serbia and Balkan region.
In times when the governmental institutions, media and academic community were often unavailable or closed up for the topics related to the human rights and other issues crucial for the reform of the Serbian society and in times when there was a chance or an interest the Belgrade Centre hosted and organized conferences on national, regional and international level.
The Centre organized international and regional conferences in cooperation with other organizations devoted to protection of human rights, universities and international organizations.
- Conference on the Rights of Refugees and Displaced Persons and on the Fight Against Impunity in Post-Yugoslavian States, Belgrade, 26. – 29. September 1996. (in cooperation with the Federation Internationale des Ligues des Droits de l’Homme, Paris)
- Rights of the Child in FR Yugoslavia, Belgrade 31. October – 2. November 1996.
- Law of Armed Conflicts – Theory and Practice, Belgrade, 15. – 17. November 1996.
- Education in the Field of Human Rights in FR Yugoslavia, Belgrade, 18. – 21. April 1997.
- Cultural Rights, Belgrade, 22. – 24. November 1998.
- Economic and Social Rights: Financing Social Security – Public Consumption Expenditures and Social Transfers, Income Distribution and Poverty in FR Yugoslavia, Kotor (Montenegro), 13. – 16. June 1998.
- Union Rights and Unemployment, Palić, 12. – 14. September 1998.
- Women and Social Policy – Rights of Women, Family and Child, Belgrade, 15. – 16. November 1998.
- Conference on Compatibility of Legislation and Practice with the Requirements of the European Convention on Human Rights and other European Norms, Belgrade, 16. – 17. February 2001. (in cooperation with the Council of Europe). More…
- Conference on the Proposal of a New Constitution of Serbia made by Independent Group of Experts of the Belgrade Centre for Human Rights, Belgrade, 22. September 2001.
- Democratic Control of Armed Forces: The Role of Parliament, Media and Academia, Belgrade, 25. – 27. October 2001. (in cooperation with Bundesakademie für Sicherheitspolitik, Bonn)
- International Community in the Aftermath of the Yugoslav Crisis – Restoring Peace and Human Rights in the Former Yugoslavia (Enforcement, Justice, Development and Prevention), Annual Conference of the Association of Human Rights Institutes and Workshop of the COST Action, Belgrade, 7. – 9. September 2007. More…
- Guardians of Rights – regional seminar for judges and social workers, Sarajevo, 19. October 2007.
- The Third Annual Conference on Human Security, Terrorism and Organized Crime in the Western Balkan Region, Belgrade 2. – 4. October 2008. (organized by the Belgrade Centre for Human Rights and the ETC Graz. More…
- Impact of International Courts on Domestic Proceedings (DOMAC), Belgrade, 19. – 20. November 2009. (in co-operation with DOMAC and the OSCE Mission to Serbia)
- The legacy of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and societies in the territory of the former Yugoslavia, International Conference, Belgrade, 16th of December 2010.
- The legacy of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and societies in the territory of the former Yugoslavia, International Conference, Zagreb, 24. February 2011.
- The legacy of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and societies in the territory of the former Yugoslavia, International Conference, Sarajevo, 11. April 2011.
- Anachronism in Serbian criminal code, public discussion, Belgrade, 29. September 2011.
- Implementation of the Right of Peoples to Self-Determination – Avoiding Conflicts, International Conference, Belgrade, 18. and 19. November 2011.